Exchange Server is one of the most popular software used in business, and thousands of users around the world make use of Exchange every day. The advantage of using an Exchange Server for their organization is that you can manage your business effectively and centrally without having to visit the office or even to go outside of your local area. It also allows you to work at any time of the day or night if you want to, without any interruption to other employees’ work.
However, there are a few things that you should know before you run out and buy a new server for your company. One of the things to look out for is what kind of server you will get. There are four main types of servers that you can choose from:
* Virtual Server – If you’re operating your own IT department then this could be a good option for you. A virtual server works by running virtual applications on a remote server. This means that you can purchase one and have your employees access it through remote access.
* File Server – This type of server is often used by large companies or organizations to store large files and documents. It also has some limitations, which is why many companies would rather go with a more advanced server with better security. Some examples of file servers are Citrix, Microsoft, Virtual Server, and Sun.
* Web Hosting – Web hosting is where you store your website on the Internet. A lot of businesses would rather go with a web hosting than choosing a server, as they may not have the bandwidth and disk space to run a full-fledged server. Instead, they would opt for web hosting, which means that you can host several websites on a single server.
* Dedicated Server – As the name suggests, this is a server that is exclusively dedicated to an individual or business. Usually this type of server is more expensive than other types. However, it allows a company to concentrate on just one thing – its IT department.
* Hybrid Server – This type of server is a mix of the two above mentioned servers. Most of the time, it is a combination of a web hosting server and a file server. Another advantage is that you can upgrade the server when it’s needed, and that you can install applications on the server and even customize the system’s hardware.
If you plan to purchase a server for your company, it is very important that you understand exactly what you are getting into. Because the price of these servers varies from one computer manufacturer to another, it is advisable to do some research about your potential server.
Another thing to consider when purchasing a server is to see if it can support a wide range of businesses. The cost of your server should not be the deciding factor. You should only think about how much bandwidth you will need to support your operations and how many users you expect to have with your server.
There are also certain aspects of the server to consider such as reliability, security, scalability, and price. These aspects can help determine which type of server is right for your company.
It is important to remember that having the best server does not guarantee that you will not encounter problems. As long as you take the time to compare all the aspects, you should be able to make a wise decision. This will ensure that you have a server that will last for many years to come.